Position Title: Program Facilitator Specialist - Buffalo
Reports To: Girl Experience Manager
Department: Girl Experience
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (20-25 hours per week)
In order to enhance in school and after school programming, the
Program Facilitator Specialist is accountable for recruitment,
placement, retention, and support of girls and supervision of Program
Aides for grant-funded programs as well as provides formal and
informal learning and recreational activities for girls participating
in programs through the City of Buffalo and selected sites in Erie County.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, maintains and extends relationships with community
groups, organizations and individuals to expand membership,
marketing and program opportunities to support Girl Scouting.
- Coordinate and provide the Girl Scout program, targeted learning
programs and recreational programs for girls through the troop/group
model. Develop program plans around the assigned National Program Portfolio.
- Develop, implement and monitor all training for Program Facilitators.
- Together with membership teams establish short and long range
plans to achieve established membership objectives.
- Evaluates effectiveness of strategies, services, materials,
benefits, and policies relating to acquisition of new members and
recommends changes to attain goals.
- Supports year round recruitment efforts.
- Create a positive program atmosphere conducive to team building
- Coordinate activities and programs by gathering materials and
arriving at the site at least 15 minutes prior to the session.
- Provide adequate supervision of girls by remaining on-site until
girls are picked up by a parent or the designated staff.
- Enforce site rules, procedures, and health and safety standards.
Follow specifications in the Safety Checkpoints.
- Maintain a solid Girl Scout appropriate rapport with girls,
parents, and other staff and/or volunteers in the group.
- Accurately complete and submit by deadline all required paperwork
including attendance records, weekly reports, accident/injury
reports, registration forms and fees, etc.
- Support recruitment of girls and adult volunteers for after-school
programming, traditional troop programming, GSWNY events and camp by
conducting outreach, attending recruitment events and opportunities
in schools and the community.
- Assist with implementation of Product Programs as part of
- Attend Girl Experience Team meetings and GSWNY all staff meetings.
- Attend and apply skills learned through required trainings.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED. Experience working with children in
diverse populations preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication,
presentation and organizational skills. Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic budgeting.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
Bilingual a plus.
- Requires a combination of day, evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to gather, assess, process and present program and girl data.
- Ability to work with girls and adults of diverse ethnic, racial,
religious and economic backgrounds.
- Become a registered member of the Girls Scouts of the USA, and
demonstrate support of the Girl Scouts mission.
- Successfully complete required background checks.
- Ability to self-transport to program, training and meeting sites.
- Ability to visually and aurally supervise activities.
GIRL SCOUT MEMBERSHIP:
All Employees of Girl Scouts must maintain an active, annual
membership in Girl Scouts of Western New York. This membership must be
renewed annually, and all newly hired employees are expected to enroll
with GSWNY within the first 30 days of their employment.
While part-time employees working fewer than 30 hours per week are
not eligible to receive company-sponsored group benefits, all
non-seasonal employees of Girl Scouts of Western New York are welcome
to participate in our Council’s 401(k) program. Part-time employees
also enjoy paid holidays and paid time off, in accordance with GSWNY
policies and procedures.
GSWNY is also grateful to have several partnerships with local
businesses throughout Western New, offering special deals and
incentives to GSWNY employees and members.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT:
Girl Scouts of Western New York celebrates diversity in all forms and
is committed to creating an inclusive, collaborative and supportive
environment for all. All employment decisions are based
qualifications, merit, performance and the needs of the organization.
As an equal opportunity employer, GSWNY does not discriminate on the
basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military
or veteran status or any other groups or persons protected by federal,
state or local law.
WHY NOT VOLUNTEER?!:
If this role is not quite what you are looking for, but you are still
interested in being part of the Girl Scouts of Western New York
community, why not become a volunteer? We are always looking for
adult volunteers to help us bring our program to girls in our
communities, where we strive to build girls of courage, confidence,
and character who make the world a better place! For more information
a GSWNY volunteer, please visit our website at: https://www.gswny.org or email
Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org We
look forward to hearing from you!