ABOUT GIRL SCOUTS:
Are you mission-driven, looking to work in a dynamic team
environment, and influence the lives of girls? If so, take the time
to check out Girl Scouts of Western New York.
Since 1912, Girl Scouts has empowered girls to develop the
skills and the voice to become successful and productive citizens.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who
make the world a better place.
If you’d like to be part of this exciting, empowering, and
valuable experience, we encourage you to apply. We look forward to
hearing from you!
Position Title: Program Facilitator Specialist - Buffalo
Reports To: Girl Experience Manager
Department: Girl Experience
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (20-25
hours per week)
In order to enhance in school and after school programming, the
Program Facilitator Specialist is accountable for recruitment,
placement, retention, and support of girls and supervision of Program
Aides for grant-funded programs as well as provides formal and
informal learning and recreational activities for girls participating
in programs through the City of Buffalo and selected sites in Erie County.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, maintains and extends relationships with community
groups, organizations and individuals to expand membership,
marketing and program opportunities to support Girl Scouting.
- Coordinate and provide the Girl Scout program, targeted learning
programs and recreational programs for girls through the troop/group
model. Develop program plans around the assigned National Program Portfolio.
- Develop, implement and monitor all training for Program Facilitators.
- Together with membership teams establish short and long range
plans to achieve established membership objectives.
- Evaluates effectiveness of strategies, services, materials,
benefits, and policies relating to acquisition of new members and
recommends changes to attain goals.
- Supports year round recruitment efforts.
- Create a positive program atmosphere conducive to team building
- Coordinate activities and programs by gathering materials and
arriving at the site at least 15 minutes prior to the session.
- Provide adequate supervision of girls by remaining on-site until
girls are picked up by a parent or the designated staff.
- Enforce site rules, procedures, and health and safety standards.
Follow specifications in the Safety Checkpoints.
- Maintain a solid Girl Scout appropriate rapport with girls,
parents, and other staff and/or volunteers in the group.
- Accurately complete and submit by deadline all required paperwork
including attendance records, weekly reports, accident/injury
reports, registration forms and fees, etc.
- Support recruitment of girls and adult volunteers for
after-school programming, traditional troop programming, GSWNY
events and camp by conducting outreach, attending recruitment events
and opportunities in schools and the community.
- Assist with implementation of Product Programs as part of
- Attend Girl Experience Team meetings and GSWNY all staff meetings.
- Attend and apply skills learned through required trainings.
- Other duties as required.
Other duties may be assigned as needed. GSWNY maintains the
right to add, change or alter the functions of this position at any time.
- High school diploma or GED. Experience working with children in
diverse populations preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication,
presentation and organizational skills. Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic budgeting.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
Bilingual a plus.
- Requires a combination of day, evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to gather, assess, process and present program and girl data.
- Ability to work with girls and adults of diverse ethnic, racial,
religious and economic backgrounds.
- Become a registered member of the Girls Scouts of the USA, and
demonstrate support of the Girl Scouts mission.
- Successfully complete required background checks.
- Ability to self-transport to program, training and meeting sites.
- Ability to visually and aurally supervise activities.
GIRL SCOUT MEMBERSHIP:
All Employees of Girl Scouts must maintain an active, annual
membership in Girl Scouts of Western New York. This membership must be
renewed annually, and all newly hired employees are expected to enroll
with GSWNY within the first 30 days of their employment.
Part-time employees working fewer than 30 hours per week are not
eligible for company-sponsored group benefits. However, all regular
employees of Girl Scouts of Western New York are eligible for paid
holidays and paid-time off in accordance with GSWNY policies and procedures.
GSWNY is also very grateful to have many partnerships offering
special deals and incentives at local businesses to GSWNY employees
throughout Western New York.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL:
Girl Scouts of Western New York celebrates diversity in all
forms and is committed to creating an inclusive, collaborative and
supportive environment for all. All employment decisions are based
qualifications, merit, performance and the needs of the
organization. As an equal opportunity employer, GSWNY does not
discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical
disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or
any other groups or persons protected by federal, state or local law.