Position Title: Product Program Manager
Reports To: Product Program Director
Department: Product Program & Customer Care
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Rochester, NY
ABOUT GIRL SCOUTS:
Are you mission-driven, looking to work in a dynamic team
environment, and influence the lives of girls? If so, take the time
to check out Girl Scouts of Western New York.
Since 1912, Girl Scouts has empowered girls to develop the skills
and the voice to become successful and productive citizens. Girl
Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make
the world a better place.
If you’d like to be part of this exciting, empowering, and valuable
experience, we encourage you to apply. We look forward to hearing
The Product Program Manager will provide support and direction for
volunteers, parents and girls in successfully implementing the
product sales programs. Ensures product program implementation,
supports the council’s program plan and budget and is consistent
with GSUSA guidelines, incorporates designated leadership outcomes
and supports council strategic business objectives. They will also
work in conjunction with the Customer Service team to provide an
exceptional level of customer care for both internal and external
customers, creating a customer-centric environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following duties;
other duties may be assigned as needed by the Girl Scouts of Western
- Recruits, trains, and oversees a core team of volunteers to
manage area product program including the utilization of a product
program database and for members of the product program task group.
- Ensure volunteers have the tools needed to support their troops.
Attend and assist at trainings to coordinate service unit materials.
- Responsible for input on volunteer personnel functions to
include re-appointment to positions
- Manage product materials and inventory; coordination
distribution to Service Units; oversee Rochester Cookie Cupboards.
- Proficient with training volunteers in both product program
software and knowledgeable in the membership database.
- Manages logistics of product distribution. Works with assigned
staff in reconciling cupboard and warehouse inventories
- Accurately operates the point-of-sale computer system, including
opening, individual transactions and closing. Completes the daily
close out and monthly reporting. Process incoming mail when needed
- Work with cross-functional team to determine or develop
innovative strategies to ensure effective volunteer support and
- Works in partnership with the council’s marketing/communications
staff to disseminate information to the community about Girl Scout
- Works with the Finance Department as well as parents, volunteers
and staff to coordinate all troops ACH payments, and collections.
Process initial collection communications and letters to
appropriate parties. Logs debt into appropriate software platforms
(Baker Software & Membership Software).
- Flexibility of schedule and willingness to travel to
accommodate product program, retail and service unit support.
- Work with the Product Program Director to ensure program
deadlines are met.
- Oversees the day-to-day product program logistics and training;
ensures the accuracy of all product program transactions and the
safeguarding of assets; works with other assigned staff in
accomplishing assigned tasks.
- Support Customer Care & Retail Team during peak season.
- Answer and resolve inquiries by clarifying desired information;
researching, and exploring answers and alternative solutions;
implementing solutions; escalating unresolved questions. Provides
solutions from the Volunteer Systems through Case Management
- Enhances organizational reputation with knowledge of council
programs, events and FAQ’s.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing
questions, understand concerns and overcome objections.
- Demonstrates ability to work under minimal supervision and take
initiative in making decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Computer literacy, with ability to produce reports &
evaluations of the various programs.
- Ability to maintain a professional calm demeanor and positive attitude
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the case management system
- Demonstrated ability to operate point of sale computer, handle
monies, and keep accurate records
- Prior customer service, call center experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management or related
area preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Passion for the Girl Scout Mission.
- Assure confidentiality with supervisor, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- 37.5 hours per week. Must be available to work extended hours
including evenings, and Saturdays (9a - 12p)
GIRL SCOUT MEMBERSHIP:
All Employees of Girl Scouts must maintain an active, annual
membership in Girl Scouts of Western New York. This membership must be
renewed annually, and all newly hired employees are expected to enroll
with GSWNY within the first 30 days of their employment.
Girl Scouts of Western New York offers competitive group health
benefits, 401(k) and various ancillary plan offerings, as well as
generous paid-time off and paid family leave to all full-time
employees, and anyone working 30 or more hours per week.
GSWNY is also grateful to have several partnerships with local
businesses throughout Western New, offering special deals and
incentives to GSWNY employees and members.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT:
Girl Scouts of Western New York celebrates diversity in all forms and
is committed to creating an inclusive, collaborative and supportive
environment for all. All employment decisions are based
qualifications, merit, performance and the needs of the organization.
As an equal opportunity employer, GSWNY does not discriminate on the
basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military
or veteran status or any other groups or persons protected by federal,
state or local law.